Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Just because.

I know how much we all love cliche 'new year new me' posts, and as much as I love hearing about how you are going to become a better person, that you graduated high school and started college, read what you did all of 2014 on Instagram and that you are going to stop drinking Mountain Dew or something, I really actually hate it. (We all know you are still drinking the Mountain Dew anyways.)

I am going to say, though, that 2014 was quite a year, and I have thought about a lot that happened and the person those experiences have made me become.

2014 made me realize that just because...
you have your first heartbreak, it won't be your last and it honestly really isn't a big deal.
you get a tattoo(or three), you aren't a terrible person.
you don't live at home anymore, family should always be your first priority.
you have a plethora of cat socks, you aren't classified as a crazy cat lady just yet.
you turn 18, you aren't an adult.
you mess up, doesn't make you a terrible person and your life is definitely not over.
you have extra spending money, probably don't buy Iceberg shakes every other day.
you get feelings for your first college guy, he probably isn't the one for you.
you had sex, you aren't a slut.
you didn't like that girl in high school, you are going to become friends and realize that high school was just a competition of who can hate each other the most for no reason.
you have severe acne, you aren't less of a person.
you graduated high school, life doesn't magically become easier.
you watch The Kardashians every Sunday, you'll unfortunately never become one.
St. George has two coffee shops, you don't have to go to each one every day.
you have new-found freedom, don't take advantage of it and be smart.
you are in a new place, don't let that fear hold you back; embrace it and start new.
you cut your hair, you are still the same person.
everyone else around you is change, be true to yourself.
you drink alcohol, you aren't cool and shouldn't drink just because you think you are.
you have to grocery shop by yourself, you don't have to buy Pizza Rolls every. single. time.
shirts with funny sayings are always on sale, it is possible to have too many.
you only knew each other for a short amount of time, you'll be best friends for life.
the world is full of closed-minded, you can open yours.
society believes you should be someone different, you should be who you want to be.
Victoria's Secret models are really getting it, they probably aren't even real people.
you are limited, the world needs to be explored.
you have one bad day, your whole life isn't terrible.
your dreams may seem far-fetched, keep aiming towards them. No matter what.

Now, in all reality, since there are nine seasons of Criminal Minds to go through, my past year was spent in my bed with Netflix, I wouldn't change one experience I've endured for anything. I wouldn't want to be anyone different than who I am. (except maybe Blake Lively. Who wouldn't want to be her?) 

Since it's 2015, and if I cared enough to write the date on my papers I'd still be writing 2014, I'm hoping that this year has a lot more in store for me, because I'm ready.

taliajune;










No comments:

Post a Comment