Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Ready to take over the world?

Very rarely do I find myself sitting here, thinking about my future.
HAHAHAHAHA.
More like, very rarely do I NOT think about my future.
I know what you all are thinking.
"Ohhh my, not another post about your future and how scary it is. Why aren't you funny and cool anymore?"
Well, for one, I still am the coolest and funniest, and for two, the future is a scary place so just bear with me until I get it figured out.

Let's all take a trip down memory lane when we were in Kindergarten and wanted to be a little bit of everything. 
Why can't we still do that?

You want to be a princess? Prance your way to Disneyland and flaunt that Tiara, girl. 
You want to be a chef? Good for you. Cook me dinner or something because I hate cooking Wednesday at the Ybarguen house.
You want to be a pilot? Go to Cloud 9 and try not to get lost because Malaysian Airlines still is going strong and my want to NOT fly anywhere ever is even stronger.

Most importantly, do you want to rule the world and make a difference? Because I sure do.

I just don't understand why our futures have to be such a big deal. Why can't I just sit back in my bean bag chair, drinking some chai tea, and not have to worry about how much debt I'll be in, where I'll be living in a few years, and when I'm going to get gray hair?

The world is in our palm now, and we've been selected.

Everyone is saying how messed up our generation is, but honestly, I feel like we are the most ambitious. Gay marriage is a big deal right now, but in a few years? We'll go down in history as the last taboo has vanished and my best friends can be treated as equals. We may not have Boy Meets World or diners with poodle skirts and roller blades, but we have education and the means to travel and open our minds to different things we didn't even know existed. 

Why can't my college classes consist of photography, history, writing and professional coffee drinking?
Why do I need fractions and cosigns? I don't want to define myself with a tangent.

What good is your life if you aren't even experiencing it?

But in all honesty I really want some roller blades as well.
Can we rule the world while riding roller blades? That'd be a world to live in.



taliajune;

I did some squats today and since it's the first 'work out' I've done in forever, I'm obviously feeling sentimental and I obviously blame the squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment