Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

W A N D E R L U S T

I don't know about any of you fine fellows, but I've really been itching to get away lately.
I know I leave in 16 days, but in 16 short days, I'm going to be just as settled down as I am now. I'll be doing the same things everyday, the same old routine of watching PLL every Tuesday night, just in a new place. That's not the kind of 'get away' I'm feelin'.
(Actually, as of this moment, I'm feeling a get away to Taco Bell for some burritos and Baja Blast... but I've unfortunately stopped drinking soda AGAIN, so maybe just some burritos this time.)

The other day I tweeted
"I need a job where I can travel the world."
and some random account was like
"Oh wow hey, become a travel blogger!"
 That thought had never even occurred to me in my whole life and as cool as it would be,
 there is one con;
I've always despised those people who are all 
"Come here and do this! You'll love it!"
"This is so cool! You should really try it!"

Like, hi. I'm Talia and I don't think I enjoy eating snails and roasted scorpions, but do you boo boo. I'm just going to go do me over by the McDonalds. 
That's just the thing, though. Something so cool and incredible to you, may not be to me, or even the hobo sitting on the corner.
We all have different interests and opinions, and we all aren't going to agree on them.
Isn't life just so unfair?

I absolutely love writing and even though it's very limited, I love to travel as well. I just don't think I would want to share moments so special to me, with everyone else. Plus, I'm pretty sure more than half of you just don't even care about the cliff I hiked over the beach in Pacific City, Oregon a few months ago. (I really did do that and it was scarily phenomenal. Please care.)

My kind of 'traveling the world' would be going to all 50 states and getting some ugly tee-shirt from every one of them, going to Greece and seeing the ruins in Athens, swimming in some volcano in Australia, and hiking up to the ruins in Machu Picchu because I've always wanted to do that since, forever. Now how to be paid for doing all these things, is still a work in progress. I'll let you know. But as much as I love every single one of you, I wouldn't have time to be blogging about everything I am doing and seeing. I'd be too busy experiencing some pizza in Italy probably taking a tourist picture over by the leaning tower.

So as I sit on my floor this fine Tuesday night, dreaming of all the places, experiences and people I'm missing out on, I hope one of you opens up a Paypal account on a secret website and secretly drops the money off on my doorstep(and maybe fly there for me as well because flying gives me more anxiety than answering the phone does) and there will be no questions asked. You'll also fulfill plenty of dreams of a poor, 18 year old girl.

taliajune;

No comments:

Post a Comment