Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The homeless man.

One random Sunday I had this brilliant idea that I wanted to go for a run. Granted, this was literally way back in the day... aka September and I've maybe ran once since that time. I put on my little Nikes and running clothes, and ran my happy self up to the Smiths. It was getting a little dark, and as I made my way up towards the side of the building, there was this homeless man taking what I'm pretty sure was a 'bath' of some sort on the stairs. He started yelling some type of gibberish at me and it freaked me out slightly, so I kept running and ignored him.

I've seen this little homeless man a couple times since then, and it just gets me thinking about how someone can end up like that. (If I could choose anywhere to be homeless though, it would def be St. George. effect homeless man weather.)
I'm sure when this man was a teenager, he wasn't planning on becoming a hobo and washing himself with Clorox wipes on the stairs of Smith's. Maybe he was just like me, attending college for the first year and having thousands of goals and dreams that he intended to make happen.

We don't know what the future holds and how it will affect us.

I'm not going to lie, college is hard and sometimes I wonder if it's really for me. The only thing that gets me through the hours of homework and hard exams is the fact that if I want to pursue my dreams and become someone that I personally am proud of, and wake up every morning excited to see what they day has in store for me, I need to finish a few math problems and write countless essays and live day to day. 

I'm just here to make a difference in peoples lives.
I don't even care what my life entails me to do, just as long as I made someone feel like they can and hopefully will do whatever they want to do. Make them feel special and cared for.

I'm sure if it comes down to it and I like, work at McDonalds my whole life and still live with my mom when I'm 30,(Hi mom. We'll go shopping and I'll make dinner sometimes.) I'm still kiiiiiind of making a difference... one chicken nugget with sweet and sour sauce at a time. (Sweet and sour sauce packet full of my tears.)

Okay, let's be real. If you see me working at McDonalds in the next couple of years, fill up a sweet and sour sauce packet with your tears, for me, as well, because I really honestly don't want that to happen. I'm wanting to drive my fancy car through the McDonalds drive-thru, and order my chicken nuggets without a worry in the world. (I want to be a teacher, so maybe I won't be having the fanciest of cars.)
I like to eat McDonalds, not work there.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the world and our lives are so unpredictable. We can't live everyday with a plan, because most likely, it's not going to go as planned. Plus, who has time to plan out every last detail in their life? There's Netflix to be watched and cookies to be eaten. (Except lists. We all have time to make a few lists here and there. I love writing lists.)

taliajune;




No comments:

Post a Comment