Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

It's the small things in life.

Here I am, stressing myself out to the point where I know I'll have at least three new breakouts tomorrow(which is also extremely stressful) because
1. I don't have a day off until Monday, and I really wonder how I am supposed to go to school, do my homework and still find time to converse with my friends in-between work
and 
2. My gas light came on while I was driving to work earlier, and if you know me, you have probably already gasped and felt stressed out as well. I've never let my tank get below half.

So as every normal teenager does when they get stressed out to the point where they can't breathe, I took a nap, ate some Chick Fil a and watched some New Girl earlier today. As I was basking in all my new-found stress, I decided that no matter what, I need to find at least one thing good about every situation. It's hard, and I really hate being the annoyingly positive person, but if I don't take a break for at least one minute and tell myself that everything is going to be okay, I may explode Talia all over the place and you guys are going to have to clean up the mess.

I work every day for the next week? 
Well then Victoria's Secret best be ready for me on Monday because I'm going to become a walking bank.
I haven't been grocery shopping in over a week? 
Cereal is a decent meal at any hour of the day and my milk doesn't expire for a few more days.
I failed my Geology exam?
Everyone else did as well. (Literally everyone else did. The girl in front of me was excited because she got a 28%... I hate college sometimes.)
My math professor wouldn't let me take my test today because she 'forgot' to tell me that I didn't get at least 90% on one of my assignments?
I get to take it Friday, so more time to study.
I watched New Girl instead of getting a head start on my homework for the week?
At least I'll finish the season fast and then have more time for homework when I am done.

Okay, so maybe those aren't the best examples of how to be positive, but literally that's the point I'm at in my life right now. On a more 'I can relate to you on this level' note, literally even the smallest gesture can brighten your day;

You go to Chick Fil a on a fine Monday Afternoon and get a free cookie.
Your horoscope is literally spot on.
Your roommate is having an extremely hard time, so you go to Smith's to pick up a treat for her and see two grown men in monkey suits riding around on carts.
You get to hang out with your cute sister and mom for the whole weekend.
Someone tells you that your hair or face looks nice. (There are multiple people I would say "I enjoy your face" to.)
You buy that jacket type thing from Target that you've been wanting since you moved down to St. G.
(You become a G (gangster) in St. G.)
You come home to a clean apartment.

As I'm trying to find the good in my situations, I'm also going to not take things for granted. You honestly just... never know. Ya know?

There are a few situations where I can't find the good;
Why am I emptying the kitchen garbage every. single. day?
Why am I still in a math class?
Why was Netflix ever invented?

taliajune;

ps. I went to Wendy's a little earlier and I couldn't stop thinking: 
What do polygamists dress up as for Halloween?


No comments:

Post a Comment