Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Now accepting applications...

It's application season!
Not applications as in 'I heard you really need a job, so fill out this piece of paper telling me why you feel so compelled to work for my frozen yogurt shop and not that anyone cares, but other places that you have worked before', but applications for

-Someone to do my math homework everyday and get at least 90%. At least.
-Clones to go to class tomorrow and grocery shopping for me. (I hate grocery shopping. I feel like a mom, which I don't want to be because I'm only 18 and I always forget something, but I never forget to sample the delicious sushi at Smiths. Never.)
-A full hair and make up team to glam up the beast every morning.
-Someone to constantly be by my side to feed me pralines at the snap of my fingers. (I LOVE PRALINES. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE, BUT I WANT TO MARRY THEM AND HAVE THEIR BABIES.)
-An Adam Levine look-a-like to waltz on into apartment two every once in a while.
-Someone to let me move into their studio apartment that over looks the beach or city. (You move out, but it's okay, I'll let you still pay the rent.)
-Unlimited Pizza Rolls.
-Someone to buy The Fault in our Stars tomorrow and let me watch it with you.

So, if any of you lovely ladies and gentlemen are interested in any of those things, I'm only a few short hours away in St. George. I'll even share my Pizza Rolls with you. (maybe.)

On another note unfortunately having nothing to do with Adam Levine or rolls of pepperoni goodness, I've barely had enough time to breathe, let alone even fill out an application if I wanted, which I don't, but I just want some free time. 

Everyone told me that college was a lot of work and homework.
Silly me, I didn't believe them.
From 8 am(why on Earth I have a class this early is beyond me) to about 3 in the afternoon I am either at school or doing homework, and half the time when I come home, I either have work or I'm so burnt out I just go straight to sleep. Not that I have all these poppin' plans happening, but I got the third book of the Divergent series a couple weeks ago and I just really want at least an hour or so to read it because I need to know what is on the other side of the freaking fence.
Why isn't time unlimited?
Why can't I just freeze the moment I'm in and scramble to get everything done without wasting anything?
Why can't I manage my time?
If I was in charge of the world, we would have coconut popsicles on every corner for free and time WOULD be of the essence. There wouldn't be countless hours of homework right after you just left the actual classroom. How are we supposed to travel to Greece and see the ruins if we are stressing out about the Geology test that ends this Wednesday? There is no testing center in Greece, Dixie State! 
Like, how am I supposed to go to school, get good grades, maintain a social life, work and still have time for myself and the things I personally enjoy doing? You are truly asking a lot of me.
Maybe we should fill out some applications to petition homework because us citizens of the United States love free time.

"Talia, what would you even do with your free time?"

Well, since I am a struggling college student with big freaking dreams, I would probably try to get out and explore more. I live in the fine state of Utah which has amazing hiking and outdoor things right in front of me. (Let's be real, I would binge watch Criminal Minds because it has literally been three weeks since I turned on Netflix and eat the whole box of donuts.) I don't want to be like every other teenager who spends every waking moment on Twitter living a virtual life. I mean, Twitter is my life, but I have no problem putting it down for a few hours. 
In fact, I feel like I'm on Twitter more while I'm doing my homework because I hate it so much and that blue little bird is so addicting.
How's that for 'guilty pleasure and use of social media'?
(I just read an article on that yesterday for my writing class. Yaaaay college!)

The real question is, what would you do with your free time?

taliajune;



No comments:

Post a Comment